1/22/2008

feed me . . .


. . . please

give me food and I will grow. This little frog measures about 25cm and is still waiting for its filling. I'm thinking of grape kernels, they're supposed to funtion like cherry kernels plus to stay warm for a longer time. I liked the idea of making a functional toy. Froggy will be warming some feet in cold winter nights. The only thing I worry about is if froggy's material, which is polyester, will be heatable. I hope at least in a microwave, does anybody have any experiences with "plastic" material in microwaves?
Well I'm gonna give it a try.

uh, froggy is based on a pattern from funky friends from etsy


fütter mich!

Dieser kleine Geselle wartet schon sehnsüchtig auf seine Fertigstellung, was in seinem Fall vor allem bedeutet, dass er noch gerne eine Füllung bekommen würde. Ich hab an Traubenkerne gedacht, die sollen genauso funktionieren wie Kirschkerne und ausserdem noch länger warm bleiben. Ich mache mir allerdings noch Gedanken, ob sein Fell auch gerne erhitzt wird. Es ist ja Polyester und vielleicht verträgt sich das nicht so gut. Aber ich glaube in der Mikrowelle wirds schon gehen, hat da vielleicht jemand Erfahrungen? Naja, ich werde es auf alle Fälle ausprobieren.

oh, Froschie basiert auf einer Anleitung von funky friends von etsy

2 Kommentare:

  1. i don't know german - here goes. Try using either rice (it microwaves BEAUTIFULLY) or non-germinated corn (feed corn for deer)- it won't pop and holds the heat well in the microwave!

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. here goes - I don't know german - I made microwavable heating bags and used one of two things. My favorite was non-germinated corn (aka feed corn for cows or deer. it does not pop in the microwave). Raw rice also works.

    AntwortenLöschen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.